HomeLeaving A TraceWhat I Know For SureHidden Treasures

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Beyond The Veil



Beyond The Veil

She came while I was resting
Spoke softly as I slept
Quiet tears of rapture
In dark silence, I wept.

Her essence did not threaten,
Her grace felt deep within
Her eyes conveyed such tenderness,
She chose to now begin.

She first appeared in shades of grey
Eyes downcast, colors dull.
But as she moved much closer,
Her being glowed with love.

I sensed a tinge of fear,
As she reached for my embrace
Her touch with kind caress
Cupped my hands up to her face.

Tears filled her eyes to full,
In her presence I felt safe.
This lady from the past
Transcended time and space.

She answered many queries
As trust and compassion grew,
She spoke of many things
That in my heart I knew were true.

When she turned to leave,
I saw the essence of her light.
The grey cast had been lifted
Replaced by colors bright.

Not only in my dreams
Will these miracles be found,
For our hearts with love eternal
Are now forever bound.


♥  © Hεlεɳa ωђίԵε

8 comments:

  1. Your poem is simple and beautiful and so touching Helena. I read your poem The Rose as well, again.. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments Padmavani. I am grateful to receive positive remarks.


    Richard T, if you return I want you to know that I appreciate what you said about my poem, therefore decided to post it although you removed it.

    Richard T said...Like how you flow through the rhyme scheme; leading to a powerful ending. Magical feel to your lines. Nice work, Helena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a mysterious and soul soothing lady from the past..beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am running out of words to describe your poetry,amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and beautiful. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Taking time to comment is a pleasing way to slow the pace of life a bit and show heartfelt thoughts. Reading your comments bridges a caring bond between us and encourages unexpected friendships. I invite you to follow along. After all a friend may be waiting behind a strangers face. ღ ஆεlεɳa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...