HomeLeaving A TraceWhat I Know For SureHidden Treasures

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mischief-Maker


Illustration by: Clara Burd

He looked so sweet
all tucked up amid
the cottontails and brown hares
Captivated by his bucket full of
sweet sensations
Barley Sugar
Coconut Ice
Fruit Drops
Peppermint Patties
How can one such small boy ever decide
One might have thought I was hidden or disguised...
so engrossed that he did not notice my presence
Behind me sounds of running bare feet and giggles grow near
A Hop Skip and a Jump away
The spell of make-believe is broken
He stares up at me in amazement
Grinning from dimple to dimple

“The universe sent angels to inspire us in the essence of children” 
~ Helena White

Posted For Monday's Child

5 comments:

  1. haha...such a cute verse...i can see the scene...and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever, and I love the dimple to dimple grin. Makes me want to be like a child again...running barefoot and giggling. Great verse, Helena! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, it's so sweet. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Well chosen words. Can picture it in my mind so clearly.
    ☮♥. Siggi in Downeast Maine..
    siggiofmaine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sweet a magical write on this boy and all his fine friends...whether real or imagery...thank so so much for posting at Monday's Child....bkm

    ReplyDelete

♥ Taking time to comment is a pleasing way to slow the pace of life a bit and show heartfelt thoughts. Reading your comments bridges a caring bond between us and encourages unexpected friendships. I invite you to follow along. After all a friend may be waiting behind a strangers face. ღ ஆεlεɳa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...