HomeLeaving A TraceWhat I Know For SureHidden Treasures

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cheese Loaf



Delicious, easy and quick bread substitute.
So simple to make
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9” x 5 inch loaf pan

Ingredients
 
3 cups All-purpose flour
4 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 - 2 cups grated sharp or medium cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups of milk ... {add more if too dry}
2 tbsp. melted butter 

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 9” x 5 inch loaf pan

 ~I mix it in my Kitchen Aid Mixer, 
using for dough attachment for mixing ~

2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cheese in large bowl.
Stir thoroughly.Add milk and melted butter.  Stir to form soft dough.Scrape the batter into a greased 9" x 5 inch loaf pan and spread evenly.

3. Bake the loaf in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove from pan to cool.

Serve with butter...delicious!
 

Change it Up Hints: Spread butter on top before baking.
Add 1/4 tsp dried sage when serving with chicken
Add 1/4 tsp dried rosemary when serving pork or beef.
 
Making toast with it the next morning
is delicious! Don't forget the butter.


4 comments:

  1. hmm...will give it a try...my boys will enjoy helping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good.....I will try this...simple and I will tell my friends I slaved over it....I will take it to school one day...for staff....again thanks for sharing! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious.. Thanks for the recipe..Blessings, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious - in fact your whole blog is beautifully inviting. I wanted to let you know I am posting new music videos on my blogs almost every week which you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

♥ Taking time to comment is a pleasing way to slow the pace of life a bit and show heartfelt thoughts. Reading your comments bridges a caring bond between us and encourages unexpected friendships. I invite you to follow along. After all a friend may be waiting behind a strangers face. ღ ஆεlεɳa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...